This is a question I'm sure everyone who has run a marathon has asked. I Googled around and found not a few different schedules. This one from Active.com gives a good sample plan. I'm going to modify it a bit based on my schedule:
- Monday: Yoga / Core
- Tuesday: 45 minute run/walk (5 min jog, 1 min at 5% incline [uphill, downhill], 1 min walk, repeat 6 times and cool down)
- Wednesday: Off
- Thursday: 6 mile jog/walk (jog 4, walk 1)
- Friday: 45 minute run/walk (3 min jog, 1 min walk with a few uphills/downhills)
- Saturday: Easy 20 minute jog
- Sunday: Easy 20 minute jog, include 3 x 1 minute fast with plenty of recovery
- Monday: Race Day!
This might be a little bit much for my knees, so I might cut out a few miles based on how I'm feeling.
I also read that getting a good night's sleep is most important two nights before the run. So, Saturday I'm going to shoot for a solid 9 hours on Saturday since Sunday night I will be lucky to get 5 hours due to my travel to Boston.